A subject matter of much significance, what is JEE main 2014 exam eligibility criteria, the distorted exam pattern in 2012 put many students under predicament. MHRD in 2012 along with IIT officials took decision to integrate JEE main with class 12th score.
1. Educational Qualification: candidates must have passed Class 10+2 or its equivalent. However, the candidates who are appearing in the 10+2 exam can also apply for AIEEE 2014. The AIEEE 2014 Eligibility Criteria will however, also include the admission criteria of the concerned college at the time of admission.
2. Combination of Subject: There will be 2 exams under AIEEE 2014 Exam and according to AIEEE 2014 Eligibility Criteria; the combinations of subject for both of them are as under:
- For B.E/B. Tech course Mathematics & Physics are compulsory subjects and anyone of the Chemistry and Bio-Technology.
- For B. Arch/B. Planning Mathematics and 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 and anyone of the Computer Science, Biology.
3. Age Bar: Candidates who are born ON or AFTER the first week of October 1989. For the candidates who belong to ST, SC or PWD categories, a 5 years relaxation is provided i.e. who are born on/after first week of October 1984 is ELIGIBLE according to AIEEE 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
Eligibility criteria for the foreign nationals/NRI/PIO:
- Foreign Nationals / PIOs/ NRIs must have passed the qualifying examination i.e. senior secondary or any other examination equivalent to 12 years of schooling in India with the aggregate of 60% or 6.75 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) on 10 point Scale in all the subjects.
- Indian nationals living abroad must have studied there for minimum 5 years (including the qualifying examination i.e. XI & XII Standards) during the last eight years.